LIGHT, EASY & TASTY
Tamari roast pumpkin:
- ¼ large butternut or Jap pumpkin (about 500g)
- 1 tablespoon olive or peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- ½ bunch coriander
- 6 dates, chopped
- 2 small handfuls roasted almonds (about ¾ cup)
- ½ ripe avocado
- 120g salad leaf mix
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons runny honey or maple syrup
- Small drizzle of olive or peanut oil
- 100g haloumi cheese
Preheat oven to 200oC. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Remove the seeds from the pumpkin and remove the ends. Cut the pumpkin flesh into 2-3cm chunks. Toss with oil and tamari in prepare oven tray. Roast until just soft and going golden, 20-25 minutes.
- While pumpkin is roasting, prepare the rest of the salad.
- Roughly chop the coriander, dates and almonds. Cut the avocado in half, remove the skin and stone and thinly slice the flesh.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together.
- When pumpkin is cooked, heat a medium-sized, preferably no-stick fry pan on medium to high heat. Slice haloumi into 0.5cm thick slices.
- Drizzle oil into pan, then fry haloumi until golden brown and gooey, 1-2 minutes each side.
- Toss pumpkin with the coriander, dates, almonds, salad leaves and dressing.
Serve salad into bowls topped with haloumi.
- Substitute tamari for soy sauce.
- Substitute almonds for your favourite kind of nut.
- Radicchio also works well with this dish. Simply cut in half and roughly chop the leaves.
- Substitute haloumi for soft boiled eggs. Bring a small pot of water to the boil, the add eggs and cook for 6 minutes. Drain then cover eggs
- with ice-cold water. Leave to cool for a few minutes then peel off the shells.