DELICIOUS AND HEALTHY; A WINNING COMBINATION
- 2 x 400g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 tablespoons unhulled or hulled tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup warm water
- 6 semi-dried or sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 large handful basil leaves
- 1 chargrilled red capsicum
- ½ cup olives
- Chopped parsley, extra virgin olive oil and toasted pine nuts
- Chipotle sauce and lime juice
- Smoked paprika and lemon
- Sumac, chopped coriander leaves and date
- Place all basic hummus ingredients plus any additional ingredients in a food processor and process until very smooth and to your desired consistency.
- Season to taste with extra salt or lemon juice.
- If the mixture is too thick, add 2 tablespoons more water.
- For a very smooth hummus, add ¼ cup more water and process for 1-2 minutes.